"Two are Better than One!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dessert Open House


I threw an open house dessert party at our new place tonight! I was trying to go for some light, summery desserts as well as drinks. The spread turned out great, and I was very happy with it :) The party was very successful, and what was originally girls night turned into wives bringing their husbands to hang out with Todd, and staying.

While Todd was out of town for work today, I baked: spice cake cupcakes and topped them with cream cheese icing and candied orange peel, chocolate disks with rasperry lime mousse, creme de menthe brownies, and cinnamon sugar tortillas with whipped cream and strawberries. For drinks we had wine, a pineapple rum cocktail, raspberry tea, and water infused with raspberry lime and mint. And just for a touch of savory, I added a cheese platter with crackers, priscuitto and salami. The food was all wonderful if I must say so myself, and made for such a fun night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment