"Two are Better than One!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9



Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer is for Grilling!

Since we have moved into our new condo, we have gotten the best gift ever - a grill! We were not allowed to have a grill on our balcony at our old place, so we would grill things in a Le Creuset grill pan on the stove. It was very desperate, I know! But, it held us over for a short time! Now, we have a built in stainless steel gas grill with a little countertop area on one of our balconies! I never thought Todd would be excited about anything cooking, but I found out he loves to grill! And, I must say he is great at it! Apparently, the only cooking he did as a bachelor was via the microwave and the grill! I knew about the microwave, I just had no idea he was such a grillmaster!

In the last month or two we have cooked part of almost every meal at home on the grill. Which is great, because it helps me out with cooking. And, our gas is charged to the building and paid by the HOA, so it is economical too! The more we grill, the cheaper our power bill - if you know Todd's frugalness, you know this is what his dreams are made of! :)

We bought Todd's dad a grill basket made with wire mesh for fish, shrimp, scallops, and veggies for Fathers Day. His parents' have a second house on the gulf, and they love to go get shrimp straight off the boat and grill (although, not anymore I'm sure!). So, we thought this would be perfect for their beach house meals! Todd loved my find, and continually asked his Dad if they had tried it out when he would call. However, they still have not used it. So, after much self control, Todd finally gave in and used some Williams Sonoma gift cards to go get one of his own!


Todd also picked up a Wilton Armetale grill platter. We are already huge fans of Wilton Armetale platters because they can go in the oven, on the grill, and in the freezer - and they look great for serving straight to the table! So, they were a large part of our wedding registries, and we now have a complete set of the "flutes and pearls" design, thanks to friends and family. So, when Todd saw this no frills platter with handles designed specifically for the grill, he knew I would also be a fan!

If we weren't prepared for summer grilling already, we are now! I will be sure to follow up with product reviews for any of you who are intrigued! Todd is very anxious to use our new grilling toys, so I am sure it will be soon!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I look forward to the day when we get to have a grill too! I FULLY understand the stovetop desperation!

    ReplyDelete