"Two are Better than One!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9



Monday, April 26, 2010

Wedding Season

It is official - wedding season has begun! Our first wedding this year, was that of close friends/family. While I love weddings for the fun receptions, and to see what fun personal touches others put on their wedding, I also love the ceremony. I think this becomes more true now that I am married. The words that pastors choose to use during the ceremony as to the intent of marriage always seem to have a new pearl of wisdom. While they all instill the same truths, I love to hear each person's take on marriage. The vows also seemed to ring so true this time..."to love and to cherish til death do us part." What a phenomenal amount of time to be with the same person...but how nice that God has blessed it, and will always walk with us, and has given us each other to do life with! While I always love Todd, cherish is such a wonderful reminder of the wife I want to be daily - to treat my partner with tenderness and hold him dear. I love it when Todd is that person to me! I'm sure I am not always "cherishable", and while I may not think Todd deserves cherishing at times, I have promised it to him forever! I am so thankful for my loving and cherishing husband...and forever with him!



We had a fun time at the wedding, which was southern from beginning to end. It was held in an old southern mansion, shrimp and grits were on the menu for dinner, "At Last" by Ella Fitzgerald and some timeless country love songs were played, and candied pecans were placed at each place setting as favors. How fun to enjoy the charm of the south...which I miss so much! My non-dancing husband even chose to dance about 30 seconds of a song with me in a hallway! I am so grateful for that! haha Best of all, I had a wonderful time with my family, and all of us were able to share a meal together (with my nephew eating rolls in my lap)!


The unofficial afterparty was held at my parents' home after the reception. Family and close friends gathered for chocolate fondue, finger foods, and more vino! After most everyone had left, and Todd who traveled and worked so hard last week went to bed, a handful of us moved out to the hot tub. Which of course turned into several rounds of jumping into the cold pool, and then all trying to squish back into the hot tub, and losing track of time. Unfortunately, the next morning included a big pancake breakfast that Todd and I had to miss in order to get on the road home. Luckily, we left when we did, because we had quite a long ride home through thunderstorms and yucky rain! However, we are now home safe, and I was glad to be in my own bed for the first time in over a week! Here are a few more pictures from the wedding:



My sister with two of her children, and my little brother standing at the balcony.


My sister's youngest child - so sweet sucking her thumb :)

My parents - they look so good!

My nephew "reading" the comics at my parents' house before bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment