"Two are Better than One!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9



Friday, January 11, 2013

Nursery Progress

...or should I say, shopping progress?  I have done a bit of both lately!

While our child still does not have a name (sheesh - different story all together), he has a nursery theme!  We are going with an antique plane theme using the colors navy, cream and brown.  I went ahead and ordered/purchased several large elements for his room.....

I ordered his crib from Restoration Hardware and it arrives tomorrow!  It seems a bit surreal that there will be a crib in OUR house!!


To make feedings a tad easier, I splurged on this rocker and ottoman from Pottery Barn Kids in Organic Walnut....


It will be in this color.....
Then, to kick off the airplane theme, I purchased this wooden propeller for his wall:



We also purchased these two lights for his room.....



...and the final purchase was new closet doors for both upstairs bedrooms to be installed in the next month (fingers crossed).  The old doors are brass and mirror sliders that have been broken and off their tracks since day one.  They have been on our reno list since then, too!  However, they just weren't a priority until now!  The new doors will double hinged, six panel to match the rest of the house.  Im sure the closets will feel much bigger and useable when we can actually access the entire thing!

Once the new doors are up, we will paint the middle section of the wall navy to match whatever fabric I am sure I will have picked out by then! ;)  This boy stuff is turning out to be so much more fun than I originally thought it could be!  It's certainly not pink, ruffles and whimsy, but it is still so fun to prepare for our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment