"Two are Better than One!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9



Monday, May 25, 2009

Big weekend!







My little brother graduated from high school this weekend - Yay Kyle!! My extended family from San Diego and Seattle were in town, and Todd made the trip up from Orlando. Not only did Todd have the opportunity to meet my entire family, and celebrate with us, but we had a celebration of our own!
We spent Sunday at my sister and brother-in-laws house, and were surprised with an engagement party/shower. We especially loved that my entire family was able to share in the pre-wedding festivities considering that the next time we will see them will be the wedding. We got some great gifts - a picnic set from my sister and brother-in-law and my nephew and nieces, some marriage books and a Polly's Island hammock from my parents and brother, some beautiful serving dishes from my maternal grandparents, a quilt made by my grandmother from my paternal grandparents, and from my aunt and uncle and cousins a garter and my something blue ;)

After our surprise, Todd and I were off to Athens for our engagement pictures with my good friend and photographer, Scott Greene...go check him out, http://www.greeneworks.net/ . We spent a good 3 hours with Scott taking pictures on some old railroad tracks, at an old home in Athens, and on North Campus at UGA. I can't wait to get our pictures back and see how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment